Friday, January 4, 2013

Web Video is the Great Attractor

Sometimes I wish this weren't true, but it is: Video is hypnotic.
It's even more powerful than "I'll tell you a story..."
"Let me show you something..." and people will drive into oncoming traffic to have a look.

Video works like that on people and, as I read in every source about search engines, search engines are fascinated by video, too. So the promise of video helps get people to look at your art and keeps them looking once they start.

(I'd be making these videos for the pleasure of the backstage pass aspect and for the honor of being a society's aesthetic memory. But I'm glad it's good for artists, too.)

In the next series of posts, I'll be talking about The Art Effect, the different aspects of experiencing art, and how studio visits serve some of those ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment